Saturday, January 31, 2009

Torn

Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday. My team is not playing, so I really don't care that much about the outcome. However, I usually pick a team to root for to make watching the game interesting. This year, I am absolutely torn.

I want to root for the Arizona Cardinals to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. I am a San Francisco 49ers fan, and there are three teams that are tied for the most Super Bowl wins at five: the Niners, the Steelers and the Cowboys. If the Steelers win, then the Niners will no longer be at the top of the heap.

On the other hand, I have now heard that the Pittsburgh Steelers owner, Dan Rooney, endorsed Barack Obama early and campaigned for him in Pennsylvania, while the Cardinals ownership donated lots of money to John McCain's campaign. And both Barack Obama and Joe Biden are rooting for the Steelers.

What to do, what to do...

No comments: