- Because her positions on issues I care about are the opposite of mine: anti-choice even in cases of rape, incest and when the health of the mother is in danger, pro-drilling, anti-polar bears, abstinence-only sex education, pro-hunting, pro-book banning, for the Iraq War.
- Because she lies. I could go on and on, but here are few - She was against the Bridge to Nowhere, she said no thanks to Bridge to Nowhere (she actually kept the money), she is against earmarks, she sold a plane on eBay, Obama is going to raise taxes for everyone, etc. etc. etc.
- Because she actually tries to pull off the argument that she knows about foreign policy because you can see Russia from an island in Alaska and that Canada is on the border. I would feel so much better if she would just say "You know what, I don't know about foreign policy, but my running mate does. I have other experience that John McCain doesn't have, so we complement each other." Wouldn't that be so much better? But no, she is either insulting our intelligence or really doesn't have much of her own.
- Because she is running for the 2nd most important position in the free world, yet she will not make herself available to the press. Is she that bad? What are they protecting her from? Even Fox News is criticizing the McCain campaign for the unprecedented restrictions.
- Because she was snarky and sarcastic during her acceptance speech.
- Because she mocked Obama's work as a community organizer. Obama headed up a faith-based organization that helped out-of-work people while he was in his early 20s. What was she doing when she was in her early 20s after she barely squeaked out of multiple colleges with a degree?
- Because the city of Wasilla charged women for rape kits while she was mayor.
- Because she is refusing to cooperate with the Troopergate investigation. It is too much like the Bush Administration. If the Republicans didn't want their candidate to be subject to an ethics investigation during the presidential campaign, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE PICKED SOMEONE CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION!!!!
These reasons have nothing to do with:
- The fact that she is a woman
- The fact that she is a working mother; I am one too
- The fact that she kept her baby after finding out he had Down's Syndrome
It is a MYTH that anyone is actually criticizing her for these things. It is not sexist is to question her regarding her stand on issues, her experience, her knowledge. It is sexist to treat her differently than a man would be treated in a similar position. The Republicans still just don't get it.
This may be part 1, because I am sure I can come up with many more reasons I don't like her.